Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Walk by faith

I had a Jeremy Camp song going through my head today.

“Walk by Faith”

Will I believe you when you say
Your hand will guide my every way
Will I receive the words You say
Every moment of every day

Well I will walk by faith
Even when I cannot see
because this broken road
Prepares Your will for me

Help me to RID my endless fears
You've been so faithful for all my years
With the one breath You make me new
Your grace covers all I do

“We live by faith, not by sight.” (2 Corinthians 5:7)

Many people claim to believe in God, but do they really have faith in Him? It is easy to say that you believe there is a God and that Jesus exists. It’s a whole other thing to really trust him. Are you willing to go where he wants you to go and do what he wants you to do? Do you trust him with everything that happens every day?

Faith is what links us to every promise from God. It is what brings us blessings. By faith, I mean a living and active faith, not a dead faith. There is a lot of difference between those two. You can know everything there is to know about God and that won’t save you. It takes faith to believe God and then act. If you really do believe, you will act.

Hebrews says “faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” True faith takes what God says without any conditions. In order to know what God says, we have to spend time in His word. It is there that we learn who God is, who we are, and what God has prepared for us.

Faith in God is having confidence that God is who he says he is and that he will fulfill all His promises and bring salvation to you. You have to say, “If God said it, I believe it.” You can’t just believe some things, you have to believe all things are possible with God. (Matt 19:26)

Problems will come and our faith will be tested. We then have to choose whether we will act in our own strength or trust in God to see us through. Don’t be afraid to fail. We all fail at times; it is part of learning how to walk. Just get up, and move on, and learn from your failure.

No comments: