Thursday, April 29, 2010

How can God forget?


God is perfect.  God is infinite.  God is all knowing.  How can God forget?

"Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more."  (Hebrews 10:17)

"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.”  (Isaiah 43:25)

How can God forget?  Actually the Bible says that He will remember our sins no more.  That is an act of His will.  He chooses not to remember.

When we confess our sins, we are forgiven by God.  It is as if they never happened.  He promises that He will throw them as far as the east is from the west and never again remember them.  (Psalm 103:12)

God is eternal.  He is not limited by time or space.  God already knows the beginning and the end.  He know my entire life – past, present, and future.  When I accepted Christ as my Savior, the blood of Christ was applied to my life and it covered all my sin – past, present, and future.  It became like they never happened. 

God can remove them from his memory – after all nothing is too difficult for God.  He purposefully chooses not to remember my sin.

I can be assured that my slate is wiped clean.  He will never go back and bring up something that I asked forgiveness for.  He won’t throw them back in my face.  He won’t hold them over my head.  They are forgiven and He treats me like they never happened.

“Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.”  (Psalm 32:1)

Do you have any thoughts on this subject?

.

No comments: