Thursday, October 29, 2009

Living by faith – by choice


My thoughts are not flowing well tonight.  I’m tired.  I’m stressed.  And that has very little to do with what I’m writing about …

Thinking about what it is to live for Christ and to live by faith.

Philippians 1:21 “For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.”

I live only to serve Him.  I have nothing apart from Him.

No desires for anyone or anything but Christ – who, other than Paul, could say that - honestly?

Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

I must crucify my sinful nature.  It has to die so that I can really live.  I must still make proper choices.  However, I do these things by making the choice to allow Christ to live in me. I do this by allowing His Word to dwell in me.  That can only happen as I constantly read His Word. 

This faith that we have will lead us to walk by faith.

Habakkuk 2:4 “The just shall live by faith.”

The just man trusts, not in himself, but in God. His faith is directed upward, not inward.

He knows that God does all things right and all things well. Running the universe is God's business, but the righteous man will live by his faithfulness. He will trust and obey, even if he doesn’t understand all of God's ways.

Faith is not a singular event, confined to a distinct point in time and space; rather, it is a way of living.

How do you live?  Living by faith is a choice - a daily choice.  Are you willing to make it?

.

No comments: