Saturday, September 27, 2008

Jesus Loves Me……

I grew up singing Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. As I look on my life, I wonder, is it really that easy. Is that really the foundational truth of life? It’s not about my love for Jesus; it’s about his love for me.

Psalm 107:43 tells us, “Whoever is wise, let him….consider the great love of the Lord.” I need to understand that pure, strong, foundational love. God desires for me to come close to him. He wants me to “grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God” (Ephesians 3: 18 – 19)

God loves me. That is a part of who He is. His only requirement for me is that I believe and accept his love for me. I am to take his offer of salvation seriously. He doesn’t want anyone to perish but he desires for all to have eternal life. (2 Peter 3:9)

It is because of his great love that we were made alive in Christ. It is by his grace that we are saved. (Ephesians 2: 4-5)

His love surrounds me. (Ps 32:10) His love supports me. (Ps 94:18) His love is unfailing. (Psalm 13:5) His love stands firm forever. (Ps 89:2)

“You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you.” (Psalm 86:5)

(1 John 3:1 KJV) “Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God” Behold it – look at it, study it, think about it, to watch it, to see with attention.

Study the One who loved you so much He gave his life for you. Jesus loves me – that really is what it is all about.

“May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love.” (Thessalonians 3:5)

No comments: