Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm thankful ...

I have so much to be thankful for but sometimes I forget to thank God for all of it. I have everything I need. No, not everything I want, but things don’t make you happy anyway. I am thankful that God is a promise keeper. I can trust Him to do everything He has promised. I am thankful that God takes care of all my needs. (Matthew 6:26) I am thankful that God is so good to me. I am thankful for the gift of Jesus. (Luke 2:10-11) I am thankful for the gift of the Holy Spirit. (John 14:26). I am thankful for the gift of salvation. (Ephesians 2:8-9) I am thankful for victory over death. (I Cor 15:55-57) I am thankful for Christian friends. (Col 1:3)

I am thankful and content because God is in charge and He is taking care of me. This same God who cares for me will give me the strength I need to get through any circumstance. He will give me peace in my spirit. He will stand by me and never leave me or forsake me.


Psalm 100:4-5 “Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever, his faithfulness continues through all generations.”

Colossians 3:17 “And whatever you do, in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”

I Thessalonians 5:18 “give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”

Philippians 4:19 “And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus”

No comments: