Friday, July 30, 2010

Continually Transformed


I was thinking some more about spiritual discipline.  I am an organized person.  I make lists about everything and then work to complete those tasks.  You can’t really do that with God.

You can’t put godliness on a schedule.  You can develop godly habits.  As you execute those habits you will grow in Christlikeness.   As time passes on you will discover that the things that were hard to remember to do will gradually become easier.  They become part of your routine.   You discipline your self to time in prayer, time in the Word, and time in fellowship.  As these become a habit, you begin to look forward to these activities.  You long to spend time with Christ.  you miss it when it doesn’t happen.

Remember the verse I looked at the last time I wrote.  Philippians 3:10:

10[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death”

Notice the words continually transformed that I bolded above.  Becoming like Christ is a journey not a destination.  Plan on the journey taking a lifetime to accomplish and try to enjoy the process.

.

No comments: