Friday, November 13, 2009

God’s plans are better than ours


Often times we are in the midst of troubles and we can’t see what possible good God can bring from it. Yet, the Bible says that all things work together for good for those that love the Lord.  (Romans 8:28) 

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

I was recently contacted on Facebook by a former student.  I taught this young lady in the late 1980s and I was also her basketball coach.  I knew her and her family really well.  She was a challenge as a youth.  She tested the system and had a rebellious streak in her.  And yet I really liked her.  She had a fiery spirit and she was a real competitor. 

In 1989, at age 16, she was in a nearly fatal car accident.  I remember it like it was yesterday.  I was a young teacher and this really tore me up.  Many of us gathered to pray for her.  We prayed that God would spare her life.  God had more in mind than that. 

The doctors didn’t expect her to live – she did.

Then the doctors said she’d never walk again – she did.

Then the doctors said she’d never be able to have children – she did.

Our plans are not His plans and our ways are not His ways.  He is able to do above and beyond what we can dream of.  Take a couple of minutes and watch her testimony video below.

 

Ephesians 3:20 “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,”

 

.

No comments: