Saturday, November 7, 2009

Thoughts about God’s love for me

God loves me so much that He sent Jesus to die for me.  God loves me with his whole heart.  It is an unconditional love.  There is nothing I can do to earn it and He can never love me more or less than He does today.  No matter how much He loves everyone else, He still loves me completely and fully.  I don’t compete with others for His love.

I may not always feel that love but it is always there.  Sometimes circumstance or situations get in the way of my realizing God’s love but it is always there. 

No one is too old, too poor, too stupid, too sick, too bad, etc to be loved by God.  God meets us where we are and loves us.  He stands by us through everything. 

Philippians 1:6 “being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”

Isaiah 43:1 “But now, this is what the LORD says--he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.”

God's not just some mighty being who looks down at earth and sees a bunch of nameless people running around. He knows each one of us by name.

God knows our troubles and our happiness. He made me special and unique.  He seeks a relationship with me.  The God of the universe seeks a relationship with me.  Understanding that simple truth should be enough to blow your socks off!

.

No comments: