Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ramblings of a tired person


I wanted something different tonight and so I was reading Romans in the Amplified Bible.  I really liked the beginning of Ch 5.

“1Therefore, since we are justified (acquitted, declared righteous, and given a right standing with God) through faith, let us [grasp the fact that we] have [the peace of reconciliation to hold and to enjoy] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).

2Through Him also we have [our] access (entrance, introduction) by faith into this grace (state of God's favor) in which we [firmly and safely] stand. And let us rejoice and exult in our hope of experiencing and enjoying the glory of God.

3Moreover [let us also be full of joy now!] let us exult and triumph in our troubles and rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that pressure and affliction and hardship produce patient and unswerving endurance.

4And endurance (fortitude) develops maturity of character (approved faith and tried integrity). And character [of this sort] produces [the habit of] joyful and confident hope of eternal salvation.

5Such hope never disappoints or deludes or shames us, for God's love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit Who has been given to us.”

 

No incredible ideas tonight.

Verse 1 – justification by faith – see also Hebrews 11

justification takes away guilt and makes a way for peace

Verse 2 – reminds me of Ephesians 2:8-9 – For by grace you have been saved through faith…

Verses 3 -5 – reminds me of 1 Thessalonians 5:18 – give thanks in all circumstances…  and 1 Peter 1:6-7 and James 1:2-4 testing of your faith produces perseverance …

I”m tired tonight and thoughts aren’t flowing well but I am encouraged by this passage of scripture. 

It is the hard times in my life that cause my faith to grow.  When things are going well, I need to remember to give thanks, to count my blessings, and to know that God is the one in charge of everything.  It is he who works in me for his good purpose. 

(Philippians 2:13 “for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.”)

Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”

.

No comments: