Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I wish …


I fell into the trap of the “I wishes “ today.  This is a trap that Satan uses to defeat Christians.  It causes us to focus on things that either can’t happen or aren’t currently happening.  It wastes our time and makes us inefficient.  It makes us be discontented with where the Lord has us today.  Our focus is on ourselves and not on the Lord.

Philippians 4:12 –13 ”I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.”

To be content means to be satisfied with what I am and what I have.  My life is completely in God’s control.  He is all knowing, all powerful, all present, and all loving.  I can trust God and I can trust that He wants the best for me.

It’s hard to keep all that in mind when bad stuff happens.  I don’t understand why some things happen to me and not to others.  I also don’t understand why some things happen to others and not to me.  How does God choose who He spares?  How does He decide who gets cancer?  Who gets hit by a drunk driver?  These are all things I don’t understand and I may never understand. 

All I know is I trust that God loves me and wants the best for me. 

So, when the “I wishes” come along, I need to replace them with I am satisfied, I am content, I am trusting God.

Good night. 

,

No comments: