Monday, October 26, 2009

God has your back!


I read Romans 8 today and this really stood out to me ……

I usually use the NIV but today I was in the New Living Translation, just reading this in a different version made some new things stand out to me.

Romans 8

31b. If God is for us, who can ever be against us?

32. Since God did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won't God, who gave us Christ, also give us everything else?

33. Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? Will God? No! He is the one who has given us right standing with himself.

34. Who then will condemn us? Will Christ Jesus? No, for he is the one who died for us and was raised to life for us and is sitting at the place of highest honor next to God, pleading for us.

35. Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or are hungry or cold or in danger or threatened with death?

36. (Even the Scriptures say, "For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep." )

37. No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.

38. And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can't, and life can't. The angels can't, and the demons can't. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away.

39. Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

So what …

Where does all of this leave me? It means that God is on my side, and it doesn't matter who or what might be on the other side.

God will hold nothing back when it comes to his love for me. After all, if He gave his son for me, isn't that enough?

There is no higher authority than God. There is no need to fear anything of this earth. Jesus has the Father's attention and He loves me and He is pleading my case. Nothing can stop that love. Even in the midst of suffering and pain, never doubt the outcome. God loves me now and forever. Nothing can come between me and God's love for me.

You know how good it feels to know that “a friend has your back.”  Well – God has your back in all things – what a great truth!

.

No comments: